Delivering superior customer experience with Ezetap
Ezetap's simple and effective solution helped FedEx digitise their last mile process and deliver their logistics services effectively.
20% increase in delivery agent efficiency
FedEx Express is the world's leading express logistics company. Known for its fast and reliable delivery, the company serves over 220 countries and territories. FedEx uses the global air-and-ground network for a speedy delivery of time-sensitive shipments and gives a money-back guarantee. The company operates three business lines - Collection on Delivery (COD), Return on Delivery (‘ROD’) and Pre-Paid Delivery (‘PPD’). Prior to Ezetap, Fedex heavily relied on cash-based collections.
FedEx was seeking a technology partner who could deliver a simple and effective solution that could:
1. Meet their Global Security Standards
2. Help them digitize their delivery process and split settlements across various businesses
3. Automate their reconciliation process
4. Enable the department to deliver their logistics services effectively
Living up to its name of reliability, the company is committed to meeting its timelines. Thus, both time and efficiency are of utmost importance to the company which handles on an average 14 million packages per day, all of which are extremely time-sensitive. Prior to deployment of Ezetap, the company faced multiple challenges which included:
• Excessive time and effort spent by agents on manual reconciliation due to cash-based collections
• Excessive cash-handling
• Cash mis-management and rotation of cash, leading to pilferage
More so, FedEx being a multinational company, the systems and standards are directed at a global level. As per these standards, the Indian subsidiary could not open their systems for data sharing which was required for updating the daily deliveries data into the app.
Ezetap’s provided a packaged solution to Fedex - a software payment platform, in the form of a custom-built app, pre-loaded on the delivery agents’ smartphones. This solution also includes a hardware device for card-based payment acceptance.
Ezetap’s solution for FedEx consists of the following smart features:
1. Barcode scanning to retrieve customer details
2. Server to Server Integration
3. Acceptance of all payment modes on delivery
4. Digital Customer Charge slip on payment
5. Automated 3-way reconciliation between order, transaction, and settlement data
Due to data restrictions, FedEx uploads a daily list of airway delivery data on the SFTP server which is auto-synced onto the Fedex app by Ezetap. Thus, Ezetap makes the delivery run sheet available directly on the agent’s app. The delivery agent accesses the FedEx app on his phone to check for his set of deliveries and sets off to the location for his first delivery.
1. Barcode-Scanning: At the location of delivery, the agent scans the barcode on the package using Ezetap’s device to retrieve customer details including the amount to be received.
2. Payment Collection: The agent allows the customer to make the payment via their preferred mode– Cash, Card, Wallets, and Remote Payment, and records the same in his app
3. Remote Payment: In case the customer chooses to pay via Remote Payment, a payment link is pushed to the customer’s mobile number via an SMS. The customer can click on this link and make the payment online.
4. Payment Receipt: Once the transaction is completed, a digital receipt is sent to the customer as an SMS on their mobile device
5. Auto Reconciliation: Due to the end-to-end server integration, the data is reconciled from the agent’s smartphone to the main system at the head office