Digitising fine collections for Bangalore Traffic Police
Ezetap as a leader in payments technology has been the technology partner for various Digital India initiatives across the country. Ezetap’s integrated platform for 'Universal Payment Acceptance' enables easy payment acceptance of any form, via any mode, irrespective of the location.
25000+ traffic violations per day
100% penetration for digital fine collection
Ezetap as a leader in payments technology has been the technology partner for various Digital India initiatives across the country. Ezetap’s integrated platform for 'Universal Payment Acceptance' enables easy payment acceptance of any form, via any mode, irrespective of the location. The platform is built on robust software technology which integrates into existing systems seamlessly, thereby streamlining processes and driving efficiency through the value chain.
1. Enhanced Efficiency: With e-recording and auto-reconciliation, the inefficiencies arising from cash handling reduced and manual reconciliation were eliminated. More so, with Ezetap’s feature of automatic split-settlement of money between towing agency and police treasury based on a pre-decided ratio, the department saved time and effort which was now utilised for better management of traffic and regulation of flow.
2. Improved Transparency: Access to centralized dashboards provided a single unified view into real-time data on collections. With Ezetap dashboards, the department had more transparency and better control over resources, which gave them an opportunity to plan and optimise the resources better.
Ezetap’s integrated payment solutions were deployed to digitise the fine collection process and drive the Digital India movement with the Traffic Police department in the city. The solution consists of an Ezetap’s device deployed with Bangalore Traffic police. The device comes with a pre-installed e-challan app for digital recording of fines, notices or vehicle tow-aways and also acts as the hardware for accepting any mode of payment including digital payments such as cards, wallets etc.
1. Fine Recording: For challan recording and collections, the traffic police opens the app on his phone and chooses the violation from a pre-fed list of violations.
2. Payment Collection: The app automatically fetches data and displays the amount to be collected. The officer can choose the mode of payment - Cash, Card, Mobile Wallet, UPI, Aadhar or Bharat QR, and allow the citizen to pay as per his preference.
3. Auto-Reconciliation of Data: Owing to deep server integration the payment information is automatically updated in the system and reconciled with the challan data in the app. The citizen’s details are recorded on the app and prior offences against the offender, if any, can be retrieved.
4. Remote Payment option: The fine details and a payment link can be sent as an SMS, through which they can pay remotely at a later point in time.
5. Digital Payment Receipt: On receipt of payment, a confirmation message is sent to the offender’s mobile number along with the details of the violation.