Ezetap worked with Xiaomi to transform their business into a new model with superior customer experience, enhanced efficiency at the backend, and higher sales efficiency at the store-level.
50% Reduction in time spent on invoicing and billing
Daily time spent on recon reduced from >4 hrs to <30 mins
Xiaomi was facing several issues with a non-integrated payment solution such as heavy queue build-up during sales days and limitations with respect to scaling-up with their existing payments partner.
Xiaomi wanted to reinforce its hold in the Indian market by increasing sales while providing unparalleled customer experience. The existing payment processes posed various challenges while causing operational inefficiencies. The issues were hampering with their business and thereby slowing the pace of growth for Xiaomi. Xiaomi was looking for a payments technology partner that would provide an integrated payment solution to not only streamline its payment processes but also eliminate inefficiencies and help transform its customer experience without disrupting its business.
Ezetap offered a tailored solution to Xiaomi, with no integration effort required from Xiaomi’s technology team. Ezetap’s solution provided Xiaomi a unique combination of hardware and software as described in detail below:
1. Integrated payment experience: A fully integrated solution which consisted of a software platform called Universal Payment Acceptance’, along with an integrated Android POS hardware for payment acceptance. This solution was integrated at the backend with Xiaomi’s existing billing POS to provide a seamless payment experience. The payment modes activated included debit card,credit card, UPI, Paytm, Amazon Pay, brand EMI, bank EMI, and NBFC EMI.
2. Tailored payment solution for different sales channels:
• Queue busting solution for Mi stores: Push to pay solution on Android A920 POS device integrated with existing ‘HiPOS’ billing software across all Xiaomi stores. The device allows for anywhere payment acceptance within the store, which relieves pressure on the billing desk.
• Payment solution for vending machine: Xiaomi has introduced avending machine for its mobile and accessories, which is the first of its kind in the Indian telecom industry. Ezetap has fully powered the payments for this vending machine via an SDK integration of mPOS D180 device with existing billing software. With this solution, the customer is able to purchase and pay for the product without the hassle of going to a store. The payment is done via a device attached to the machine and the sale is updated and posted back to the server in real-time.
3. Special POS bridge solution: A special POS bridge solution was provided to Xiaomi to eliminate dependency on their IT team in China for integrating and activating new payment modes.
4. Auto reconciliation: Three-way auto-reconciliation feature was provided for seamless reconciliation across orders, transactions, and settlement reports for every transaction.
5. Analytics portal: Each outlet was provided with access to its analytics portal, while the corporate office was provided a master dashboard to view all transactions across various stores. The analytics portal provided a single unified view for all transactions.
Get in Touch